Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Halifax

The curse is broken! I traveled to Halifax and back at the end of November with no snow! Or rain for that matter. In fact you couldn't have asked for a better day to drive. My appointment was for 12:20 so I left at 7 am to get there early. I stopped in at Aqua creations on Quinpool road once I got to Halifax and had a look around at the various salt water fish etc. (We're still considering doing a salt water tank). I picked up a really good book on reefs and equipment that will help make our descision easier. Then I headed over to the hospital and up to the Clinic floor. I was about half an hour early but lucked out and went right in. I also lucked out at the hospital pharmacy and got my medications right away so I was back on the road home by 1 O'clock. I didn't even have to drive in the dark this time around, I made it home by five.

I've been seeing the doctor in Halifax because of the drug coverage program that allows me to get all those extrememly expensive drugs for just a dispensing fee, but that is now a thing of the past. This is the last time I will be able to do that. The NB government has started paying for antirejection drugs now so NB patients don't have to go to halifax. Most NB patients didn't have to go for quite some time now, but I had to because I'm not on welfare medical so my drugs weren't covered that way. So that was my last trip to Halifax to see the doctor and I will start seeing him when he does clinics in Moncton.

Darrell ended up having to work an all nighter last night to get the Outstanding Business Achievement awards videos done intime for tonight's ceremony, so I popped into the office and picked up the dogs, then stopped at Future shop and got the Superman Returns DVD. I never actually went out and saw this movie at the theatres so last night was the first time through for me. I'm generally a pretty easy sell when it comes to comic book movies though... so long as they don't really screw with the chracters. Generally the movie was pretty weak in my opinion. I liked the characters but could've done without the Lois Lane with Superman's kid thing... that was completely unnecessary. Lex Luthor was portrayed too much like the old 1960's lets keep it light and simple comic villan and his plot to build a new continent so he'd own all the property was pretty lame. I'm wonder why they even bothered to try and make this a sort of continuation of the other movies... why not just pull a batman and start over with a more modern style Superman closer to today's comics? Having him "Gone" for five years without so much as a goodbye is stupid, because Superman wouldn't actually do anything that selfish to begin with. Oh well... I score it a 6... a little better than average and a good moive all things considered, but I'm glad I didn't blow the money on it at the theatre... plus the DVD has so many extras.

I managed to catch the Mercer Report before putting in my Movie and they used my picture on the show which was really cool. They don't say your name or credit you in any way, but it's still neat to see something you whipped off in photoshop in half an hour make it on TV over the other submissions that came in. Especially considering I've only actually done the Photo Challenge three times and Twice they've used my image on the air!


Here's the original Howard Dean Image







Here's what I did to it (It's actually elements of about six or seven images combined)





No comments: