Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Day Off

I took the day off yesterday and spent the majority of it wrapped in a blanket on the couch in front of the TV. Rosie O'Donnell is on The View now. Just thought I'd throw that in... I used to love her show when I was recovering at home.

We got absolutely no Trick or Treaters to the door last night. There's only two young kids on our street. Yet somehow the candy bowl kept getting emptier and emptier.

I'm not anywhere near 100% today, in fact 80% is something to aspire to at the moment, but I couldn't afford to take yet another day off. I would fall way to far behind and not get things done. The nice thing about a job like mine is that most everything works on a deadline, so as you can take a personal day here and there as long as you hit your deadline.... the drawback is that deadlines don't care if you catch a nasty cold.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

*hugs* I hope you're feeling better soon! There are some really horrible bugs going around.

Amber @ Cafe Physique said...

I should have taken the day off like you, but I tried to be an over achiever and drag myself into the office. Well, I ended up having to leave at lunch time b/c my cold was getting the best of me. Spent the rest of the day in bed. I'm not 100% yet either, but I'll be 100% behind at work if I don't go in today!