Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday

We had a pretty layed back weekend. Friday night we went out for dinner with Bertis and the Bonds at the Vitos in Rothesay. Saturday we popped over to Mike's for a few drinks, and Sunday we did not much at all. I started getting the fabric ripped off the chair and sofa set we got from Mike and Kathy. There are a lot of staples and the fabric is really dirty from ten years of Hound dog living on it, but the frame and springs are good. I found a couch I liked the look of in the Leon's flyer and am thinking I may try to reconstruct Mike and Kathy's in that style. It will mean taking the frame apart and rebuilding parts of it, but I think I'm up to the task. It's not something I'll be completing in the immediate future anyway, since I can't afford the fabric at the moment, but I can start planning and mapping it out, and maybe even get the wood I need to change the frame. I had thought of doing it in a combination of vinyl and suede, but the style I want to use calls for stuffed cushions and the covers can't be removed to wash them. So considering how bad it smells from one dog being on it all that time I don't think I'll use a fabric that can let in the smell of our two dogs. Granted Hound dogs have a very strong aroma compared to Larbador retrievers and ours are very clean dogs, but I just think I'll avoid the whole problem of cleaning by using all vinyl.

We tuned into the season premier of the Amazing Race last night and really enjoyed it. There are some really stupid people on a couple of the teams, and there is one couple where the wife is an amputee with only one leg. At the moment I'm pulling for them because she's a real sport. She scaled a rope up the side of the great wall of china... I think I would have a hell of a hard time with too legs but she did it with one, and they came in third.

We also caught the series premiere and second episode of Men in Trees, which was quirky and fun, so I will probably stick with it for awhile.

I popped into the gym this morning for a good upper body workout. My first in a long time so I will probably be pretty stiff later this evening and tomorrow morning.

No comments: