Monday, December 04, 2006

Snow?!

Well it had to happen to us eventually. Thankfully the snow fall last night was no where near as bad as the western side of the country, and on the bright side everything looks so pretty with a nice blanket of snow on it. It's raining now so the snow is pretty much gone, but it was kind of nice to wake up to it.

The weekend was good and it started a day early. I didn't end up going into work on Friday although I had planned to. Darrell had a doctors appointment later in the morning Friday so he went in on his own to that and then stopped by the office to work on a DVD project that has been giving him grief. By the time he got home it was too late for me to turn around and head in so I didn't. Instead I spent an hour on my eliptical trainer (I can sing most of the Cabaret soundtrack while working out now although still a little breathlessly near the end) then puttered around.

Saturday I basically painted, and not much else. I got Seth's painting finished completely by the end of the day.

Seth painting

The photo is before a few little finishing touches, erasing pencil lines, and varithane, but it gives you the idea. Once the Varithane was on it the colour popped a lot more, but the shine reflects the flash on the camera. The painting contains all his information; the calendar has his birthdate, the clock has the time, Daisy Duck is sitting on a scale that has his weight, The Blocks spell out his name on the fronts and on top they have his middle and last initial.

Sunday I went to work on the painting I'm doing for my cousin and got most of it blocked out. I can probably finish in one more sitting.

3 comments:

Dre said...

That's interesting. Is that a modification of a frame from a show or did you find the elements in various places and put them together yourself? Do you do a lot of things liek these?

Blaine Le Roy said...

I found all the various elements and put them together myself. I've only done these for family so far, basically for my Neices and Nephews... so I think in total I've done 7. Some of them are done with Winnie the Pooh Characters, but you can basically put whatever you want in there Care Bears, My Little Pony, Strawberry shortcake... I like to go with whatever the nursery is going to be.

Blaine Le Roy said...

Check the Flikr link, there are is a set there I just updated with more paintings I've done.