Thursday, December 14, 2006

How to Spoil a Perfectly Good Day.

First off the weekend was a lot of fun. I got my painting all finished off, varithaned, boxed up and shipped away. I also got started on the two little sewing projects that I have for my Nephews. Saturday night we went out to the SJTC christmas party at the Summerset with the Bonds. It wasn't all it was cracked up to be in the e-mail but was really fun regardless. There was another group there having a Christmas party as well, so it felt basically like Karaoke Night at the Summerset pub, which it basically was. It was really nice to see everyone and sing a couple songs though.

The week so far has moved along very slowly. It seems like it should be over already but it isn't. I have 10 more doors to open on my choclate calendar before the big C. I'm still working on my sewing projects and really only just got down to cutting and sewing last night.... the weekend was basically prewashing and ironing. I didn't buy enough piping so I had to stop into Fabricville on the way to work.

So how do you spoil a perfectly good day? Turns out I had to kill some time because Darrell was recording a Voice over, so I popped into Michaels to see if they had any Batman buttons that I could use on Cole's Jammies, but they didn't so I headed to the Dreaded Walmart. Stepping into Walmart is enough to ruin any day, but try doing it in December in the morning... it's hell. I honestly hate going to Malmart for anything to tell the truth and we absolutely avoid the place the like the plague if it can be helped, but they are one of the only other places that might have had batman buttons so I had no choice. The worst part of the search was the fact that the sewing section is at the very back of the store.... so you have to navigate your way through all the completely clueless people wandering around looking for nothing imparticular. It shouldn't be that hard, since Walmart has big huge isles, except they piles islands of crap up in them so you can only get around them single file... heaven help you is someone decides to stop and chat with someone coming the other way. I could rant about how much I hate the place for hours, but suffice to say I hate the place and going there for any reason is like stepping into hell. They didn't have what I was looking for either so I soothed my pain at Futureshop by buying the Christopher Reeves Superman Collection DVD box set.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes, I am dreading going into Walmart this weekend... :-( I generally hate going into Consumer Land anyway, but the holiday season is absolutely the worst.

I was a little disappointed that the Pub had booked another group in there. A lot of them were regulars so it really wasn't a whole lot different... Maybe next year we can do something in our new SJTC home.

It was great see you both and the Bonds though; we've got to get together sometime in the near future! ^_^

Blaine Le Roy said...

We definitely have to have people over soon. Maybe after New Years so we miss all the Christmas fuss. We'll absolutely be doing the Desert party thing in February again. Probably the weekend around Valentines day so all you weight watchers people better start saving your points.

Anonymous said...

The pub had actually booked the other group first and asked them if they would mind if SJTC people came. It was very nice of them to say "Sure" :)

K

Blaine Le Roy said...

It was fun regardless.