Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2005 What a great year

I can hardly believe all the changes for us in 2005.
* Started the year buying a new car. So I would be able to do Evita.
* Evita.... what a great time, and what a great cast. I had a blast and met some really great new friends. I almost didn't do the show, so I'm really glad I changed my mind.
* Bought a new house. Wait... correct that... bought our FIRST house. Hard to believe that 7 years ago Darrell and I moved out here, with a station wagon full of stuff, a six month old puppy and no prospects... and now have a successful business, two cars, two dogs and a new house. And we haven't killed each other through all the stress of building it up.
* Did sound for Sunshine Boys... My first shot "Backstage" as it were. That was really great.. being on headset I got to get a real feel for all the things that go on that I didn't have a clue about. Writing and recording the soap opera with everyone was a scream.
* The summer was awsome... great sun, lots of friends around... taking the dogs to the lake (just down the street), planting trees in our yard, Gardening, and just sitting on our asses in the sun on the deck.......
* Got called to do Tosca... what an experience. To work with all professional crew and direction was a very unique experience. Not saying the other stuff I've done hasn't been Professional... but there's still a big difference.
* Christmas Carol, was one of the high points of the year. First time in a strickly "Acting" role (very nervous about it), as well as Sound and Visual effects designer. That was a lot of fun and really challenging.
*Darrell's parents came out for visit through the course of Tosca and Christmas Carol. They came separately and had really good visits.
*We did some house renos
*Mom came flew from Calgary for Christmas. I'm really happy she did. It was a really good time.

I have to say looking back it's going to a hard year to top, but I'm going to do everything in my power to do it in 2006

1 comment:

Blaine Le Roy said...

Yes it was. Here's hoping the next one is even better. So far so good. My sister is just over two months Pregnant, so I know that at the very least I get a new little niece or nephew. I pretty sure it will be a niece.