Thursday, January 15, 2009

Poor neglected little blog

I have been such a bad blogger, and haven't posted in almost a month. Mostly because there hasn't been much to say.

The Holidays were good, and not long enough...duh. We kept it very cheap and decided not to spend money on ourselves or each other. Instead we used our bonus' etc to pay down debt. Considering the current economic situation this is not a time to be splurging on crap, plus we recently spoiled ourselves with a bunch of stuff anyway, including a dishwasher...that I have no idea how we managed to live so long without. I had a bunch fo sewing planned for my neices and nephews, that I still haven't finished, because the house was such a mess and we had so many other projects that had to be done while we were off. Hopefully I will be able to get around to it soon. On a high note I am starting off 2009 with no car payment!! Yay...I own it finally....so it will probably be breaking down any time...lol.

We went back to work on the 5th and have been going full steam ahead ever since. The school has started back up for the winter term but enrollment in my classes is way down. I only have one class a week this time around, and we had to do some juggling just to make that one. I can't say I'm surprised considering the weather this winter, and everything else that is going on politically etc. People are just not spending money on extra things, and they also don't want to be traveling around in nasty weather. Speaking of nasty weather and travel...we are taking off for two weeks in February to Florida. Can't stand these long drawn out maritime winters anymore and need a little sunshine break to get us through to spring. We are hoping to get to see the spaceshuttle launch among other things. We haven't decided if we are flying or driving yet. If we fly it will be out of the States because the fees and taxes in Canada make a simple affordable fair into a mammoth expense. We will probably drive down to bangour and then fly out from there. It would be fun to do the drive though and watch winter disapear as we move farthur and farthur south. Plus I've never driven the East Coast and would like to see the different States as we go. I think this will be my first actual vacation since I was in grade ten and went to Disneyland with my Aunt and Uncle. All my other trips about have been to visit family, and let's face it...as wonderful as that is, it is no vacation. How sad that I am 37 and this will basically be my first vacation. I will have to endeavour to rectify that several times in the coming years.

No comments: