Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday

I'm home sick today. I have very sore and gravely throat. So much for my call back tonight, probably the universe punishing me for going into it with the worng attitude. But you can't help feeling how you feel right?

Last night we had Bob and Deb over for dinner and it was a great night. I made some little double baked potato appys, then cheese and brocolli soup, followed by fetucinni carbonara, and desert was blueberry cheesecake while we watched Steel Magnolias downstairs from the projector....just like being at the movies. I am so glad we got that projector, don't regret that little expense even slightly. It was really nice to just hang out with Bob and Deb and we had a great time, hopefully we can do it again soon.

I am still trying to figure out a way to make my fetucinni without cows milk products so I can have a dinner party in the future that includes Dre, one of these days I'm gonna get it.

3 comments:

Dre said...

You can use goats milk cheese (they now make it so you can get it like mozzarella or cheddar - some types can be found at Superstore inthe deli cheese area, and some can be found in the organic foods fridge area, at least at the Rothesay ave superstore.) AND - I am lactose-intolerant and allergic to soy, but I am actually not allergic to milk iteskf, which means I can drink Lactose-free milk, which is just like regular milk - and can be found next to the soy milks at Superstore! :-)

Boy, am I thankful I live in this day and age!!

Blaine Le Roy said...

Cool...thanks for the heads up. I'll be experimenting very soon.
Is Parmasan a goats milk cheese?

mare said...

no, parmesan is cow. :(

that menu sounded really tasty though.

good luck on chicago!