Tuesday, November 22, 2005

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Tired!

I think I could sleep for a week, or at least an extra couple hours.
Now that Christmas Carol has run it's course Imay actually find a little time to kick back and rest up. But I know I am really going to miss that show. This time around there was a particularly fun group of people involved so rehearsals often spilled over into drinks afterwards (which actually starts getting a little expensive... good thing it's only a few weeks). All things considered though I woul dhave to say this was the best time I've had doing a show so far. Don't get me wrong I've had really great times with all the other shows I've done, but this one was different.
To begin with I was out of my usual element, this was a non musical show. I am not very confident in my acting abilities compared to my singing abilities, and being in a huge cast of really good actors was a little intimidating. It certainly forced me to dig a lot deeper, pull out my best game as it were... then push past it. So I feel like I walked away a lot better for the experience. I certainly had a great time.
The show actually fell at just the right time too. Darrell's mother, Joan,flew out from Barrie for a visit during the final week, so I was quite busy working and doing the show and they got to spend the week together uninterupted. They came to Thursday's opening night performance, and joan had a really good time. Darrell's not big on Theatre but he also liked it so it must've been better than I thought. hehehe
The cast party was a great time. We did some karaoke, some dancing, some singing with guitars, and a lot of drinking. Needless to say Monday morning at work was not the most pleasant experince I've had, but being completely self inflicted who can feel sorry for me?
I am now trying to get motivated to finish up a couple work projects... feeling very uncreative and disinterested, but I'll pull it out of somewhere I'm sure.

No comments: